Money Art is the appropriation of Money by ArtBusiness is none of Art´s business, except Art is using the elements, laws or rules of the market as part of its artistic creation process. Money Art is an answer to the appropriation of art by the market.
This definition of Money Art is our core business. Our art work abdicates itself from the traditional laws of the art market, calls them into question, and ultimately uses (appropriates) the elements and laws or rules of the market as part of its artistic creation process.
For example, if we want to create the next art print, which is the next number, we cant do it today the 13.04.2021, we have to do this tomorrow, because that’s the imposed artistic rule:
- Our artistic focus is on the “Price” as an element and the “Formation of Prices” as a rule or law of the market.
- Our artistic solution is about a paradigm shift from the price as an element outside, from the external act of creating the art, to something inherent as a part of the process of the work of art itself.
- Our artistic concept is the entanglement of price, time and number.
- The artistic consequence is that the art work itself determines the financial value on the primary market, not the artist, the gallery, the art experts or the ups and downs of the art market.
If you change one element by adding one to the number (93.10428 => 93.10429 ), one day is added to the date (=> tomorrow) and 10 Cent to the value too (950,60 € => 950,70 € )
- The interesting point is, although the price is “created” in a quite unusual way, the outcome is marketable and saleable like any other artwork or commodity. On the secondary market supply and demand regain their power. Allthough, there is always the daily increasing value of the new created HoC. This price might be taken into account by the market as a kind of reference?! We call this the artistic measurement of the economic space *
What might be new is
that the price, the pricing and time
become part of the experience of art, part of the aesthetic!
P.S. 01: There may still be some uncertainties and questions regarding our money art concept and therefore please visit FAQ